Drushti in Sanskrit meaning “Vision”, Drusti Bheda means the types of eye Movements.
There are 8 types of eye movements given in the shastras, which we follow in Odissi Dance.
1. Sama: Eye kept still without any movement.
2. Aalokita: Rolling your eyeballs in a circular pattern.
3. Saachi: Looking through the corner of the eyes.
4. Pralokita: moving your eyes side to side.
5. Nimilita: It looks like a half-shut eye. Here one tries to focus the eyeball towards the heart.
6. Ullokita: Looking upwards.
7. Anubruta: Rapid movement of the eyes up and down.
8. Abalokita: Looking down.
Artists - Roji Swain, Debasmita Muduli, and Amina Boussemha Voice, Video, and Editing- Jagyandatta Pradhan